Things you can do
Stuff you may read
Stay up-to-date with the latest headlines and news updates from all corners through Admanya News.
You can also report exclusive stories as Admanya Citizen Journalist and get rewarded for bringing a consumer related story to light. Contact newscenter[@]admanya.com to publish your story.
Tips and Advise
Extend the life of your mobile phone battery
The smart phones with endless high end applications are power hungry beasts. So here are few tips which will help you to extend the battery life of your mobile phone.
1) Multiple features and settings drain battery power. If you donít require some of these features, turn them off.
2) Bluetooth is one of the most battery draining application. So do not leave it on unintentionally.
3) Lower your screenís brightness. Full brightness is not required to view the screen properly, so setting it as low as possible will save plenty of energy.
4) Keep your vibrating alert on only in places like cinemas and theatres. Rest of the time a vibrating alert is really not required.
5) Disable keypad tones, lower your ringing volume and do away with moving screensavers and wallpapers. This will save plenty of charge.
6) It is true that mobile phones are like lifelines to most people. But if you can make it a habit to switch off your phone at night during sleep, you can make your battery last longer.
7) Mobile phone games are addictive, but they are also very battery consuming. So donít make playing games on your mobile phone a habit.
8) Avoid leaving your phone in an area where there is poor network coverage because if your phone is constantly trying to find a network signal it will use more power. Turn off your phone in an area where there is poor signal.
9) Do not overcharge your battery. The battery works most efficiently if it is drained fully once a week.
10) Avoid exposing a cell phone to very low temperature, direct sunlight or excessive heat.