Bajaj Allianz sets up claim helpline numbers in AP, Karnataka and Goa
Bangalore, October 12, 2009: Bajaj Allianz General Insurance has set up a dedicated claim helpline numbers for their customers to register their flood related claims in the worst affected areas of Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
The claim helpline numbers are:
In Andhra Pradesh
1. 9949995935 / 9963028315 for motor claims
2. 9949995911 for non-motor claims
1. 9900165683 for motor claims
2. 9980136564 for non-motor claims
These are in addition to the 24x7 helpline number - 1 800 209 5858 which is free call from any landline or mobile operators.
Bajaj Allianz has launched this initiative for speedy settlement of the claims to those who have suffered losses due to the floods in these affected states. The company has also mobilized surveyors for quick survey of the losses.
The company also would like to take the following precautionary steps to reduce the damage to their vehicle in case it is submerged in water.
1. When the water level is above the tyre level:
- Stop driving in the flood water
2. When the water level is below the tyre height and driving is inevitable, then follow the steps as below:
- To avoid blockage of silencer by water - Press accelerator to increase the engine RPM.
- In case you need to reduce the speed, use the clutch and don't reduce engine speed
- After crossing the flooded area, continue to accelerate the engine to clean silencer
3. When the vehicle is submerged in flood water, then follow the steps as below:
- Do not start the engine by any means, not even by kick or push start, as it will cause severe damage to the engine
- An expert technicians needs to inspect damages, transmission, electrical or electronic components
4.When the vehicle is submerged in water for a long time:
- Replace all the lubricants and fluids, check for proper operations of systems and mechanisms. Apply anti-rust and anti-fungal spray for its restoration.
About Bajaj Allianz
Bajaj Allianz is one of the leading Private Sector life & general insurance companies in India. Bajaj Allianz is a union between Allianz SE, the world's leading insurer and Bajaj Finserv Limited (recently demerged from Bajaj Auto Limited, one of India's most respected names). Allianz SE is a leading insurance conglomerate globally and one of the largest asset managers in the world, managing assets worth over a Trillion Euros (over Rs. 55,00,000 crores).
At Bajaj Allianz, customer delight is our guiding principle. Ensuring world class solutions by offering you customized products with transparent benefits supported by the best technology is our business philosophy.
Bajaj Allianz began its operations in 2001 and today has a pan-India presence with over with offices and presence in over 1000+ towns in the country. The companies have been constantly expanding its operations to be close to their customers.
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance is one of the leading private general insurance companies in India and is offering various general insurance products like motor insurance, home insurance, health insurance and also unique insurance plans such as wedding insurance, Event Insurance, Film insurance.
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance has received a rating of "iAAA", which is the highest rating for claims paying ability from ICRA Limited (an associate of Moody's Investors). This rating has been affirmed for the last two years consecutively.
As on 31st March 2008, the company garnered Rs.2578 crores, a growth of over 43% over the last year. During the year, the company was the first private general insurance company to cross Rs.100 crore mark in Profit after Taxes by generating Rs.105 crores. The company issued over 6.9 million policies which reflect our capability to handle volumes and strong infrastructure. The company also paid claims worth Rs.1278 crores in the fiscal 07-08.
For further information, please contact
Corporate Voice Weber Shandwick
Anand Kumar 098453 09418
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
Sasi Kumar, Regional Manager on 9949994666
Vinod Nadamurth on 9980108210
More Press Releases